Small fire reported at Logan McDonald’s – Cache Valley Daily


LOGAN — Emergency crews were called to McDonald’s on the southwest side of Logan early Friday morning. A fire was reported in the kitchen around 5 a.m.

Logan City Fire Marshal Craig Humphrey’s said the fire was in the exhaust hood above the kitchen’s fryer. The flames triggered an automatic flame suppression system in the hood. Employees also used a portable fire extinguisher.

Fire fighters responded to the restaurant. They determined that the fire had been extinguished. The building did not sustain any damages.

The restaurant was evacuated safely for a brief time until firefighters determined the building was safe to re-enter.

Humphrey’s said it appeared that the kitchen’s fire suppression system worked perfectly. He also said the employees handled the fire just like they should.


will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day’s news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!



Source link