Home Uncategorized Heat lamp causes barn fire in Logan

Heat lamp causes barn fire in Logan

0

Source: CVDaily Feed
$inline_image}

LOGAN – A heat lamp used to warm baby chicks is believed to be the cause of a large barn fire on the west side of Logan Thursday evening. According to Cache County Fire District Fire Marshall Jason Winn, smoke from the two-story barn at 1360 West 940 South was first noticed by a neighbor at approximately 7:30 p.m.

By the time the Logan City Fire Department arrived at the Logan River Ranch, along with help from Hyrum, Wellsville, North Logan, Paradise, Smithfield and Cache County fire units, the barn was fully engulfed in flames.

According to Winn, fire personal had to lay approximately 2000 feet of five inch hose from a fire hydrant located on 1000 West. Fire personal where able to extinguish the fire without any injury to residents or fire personnel, however a number of baby chickens did perish in the fire.

No other structures were affected by the fire, but the blaze caused an estimated $80,000 in damages