Fire destroys trailer home in Smithfield

213

Source: CVDaily Feed
$inline_image}

SMITHFIELD— A fire Thursday morning destroyed a trailer home in Smithfield. The fire occurred around 11 a.m. at 610 West 100 North. Smithfield City Fire Chief Jay Downs said the fire was accidentally caused while the homeowner tried to thaw water pipes running into his home.

“The individual was thawing out some pipes with a heat gun,” Downs said. “He walked away momentarily and that’s when the fire started in the trailer near the water heater area.”

Downs said, “units from Smithfield, North Logan, Logan, and Cache County responded, knocked down the fire quickly, and put the fire out.”

Downs said early damage estimates are $30,000, and the home is a complete loss. There were no injuries in the blaze.