Family narrowly escapes van fire in Logan

239

Source: CVDaily Feed
$inline_image}

LOGAN – A Logan woman and her three children are safe after their van erupted in flames late Tuesday morning. According to Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys, a mother and her three children had just gone into their home at 730 North 135 West at approximately 11 a.m. when a neighbor noticed flames coming from the van.

The neighbor called 911 and Logan City Fire personnel quickly responded.

“When we arrived the vehicle was already fully involved,” Humphreys explains.

The van was parked in the driveway next the house and crews were concerned about the fire spreading.

“We put water on the building first, then the van. We were able to confine the fire to the vehicle.”

The van was a total loss but no injuries were reported. After talking to the mother, Humphreys says the family had noticed an odor while driving the vehicle home. The cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental and most likely caused by the electrical system.