(OKLAHOMA CITY) -- An Oklahoma sheriff's deputy helped save a 3-year-old boy who was choking on a quarter he swallowed, an ABC affiliate reported.
Pottawatomie County Deputy William Wheeler noticed a woman asking for help at a local car wash on June 8, according to the Shawnee News-Star.
The woman, later identified as Victoria Terrill, noticed her son, Chaz, was choking while they drove back from dinner, ABC Oklahoma City station KOCO-TV said. She pulled over into the car wash parking lot to try to find help.
Terrill reportedly told the deputy she thought Chaz was choking on a sucker, so Wheeler tried to hit Chaz on the back to hopefully get the sucker out.
However, after Wheeler gave Chaz some swift swats to the back, a quarter popped out onto the ground.
Wheeler's efforts were captured on his body camera.
Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.